The addition of blended cannellini beans gives this soup a creamy and velvety texture.
2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 8 cups pumpkin flesh, finely cubed
- ½ cup cooked cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add chopped onion, pumpkin, beans, thyme, and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften, then add salt and black pepper.
- Pour in stock, cover pot with a lid, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove pot from heat and take 1 cup of stock out of pot.
- Use an immersion blender to blend mixture in pot until a smooth consistency is reached, adding in reserved stock as needed.
- Between four serving bowls, divide soup, sprinkle croutons, pumpkin seeds, and parsley, and serve immediately.