MAHI | Salmon with a Peri Peri Pesto Crust
So this recipe makes 1 jar of dairy free pesto to go along with the salmon! Pesto is a massive ingredient in our house!
Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Put aside a few cashews for later on. Boil water in a pan and soak the cashews for 15 mins. Once they’ve finished soaking remove the cashews and save the water for later.
- In a food processor add the basil, cashews, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then add the Mahi Peri Peri Hot sauce! We like to use 2 tbsp’s of the hot sauce because it packs a powerful punch and we think this is the perfect amount of spicy-ness! But if you love it really hot add more!
- Once you’ve added in all of the ingredients you can whizz it all together! Blend for roughly 30 seconds or until it reaches your preferred consistency. We like ours super smooth!
- Line a baking tray with tin foil and pop the salmon (skin side down) onto the tray. Spoon the pesto mixture onto the top of the salmon. Bake for roughly 12 minutes in the oven until the salmon is cooked through (but the time might vary depending on the thickness of the salmon)
- Use the leftover water and pour it into the steamer. While that’s starting to boil cut the ends off of the runner beans and add them to the steamer. These will take about 10 minutes to soften.
- When ready take the salmon out the oven and the runner beans out the steamer and plate up! Season the beans with salt and pepper, drizzle some extra hot sauce over the salmon and top with the leftover cashews, chopped up. Then enjoy!
1 cup basil (40g) you can include the stems as well as the leaves
3/4 cup cashews
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to season
2 tbsp Mahi Peri Peri Hot sauce
2 salmon fillets
80g Runner beans