Light ﬁsh cakes with a fruity sauce and a cool side dish. This tasty dinner can be half-prepared in advance, if you’re pressed for time. It’s great for using up left-over broccoli and rice. You can change the fresh ﬁsh to suit your taste or use frozen if it’s more convenient.
1. Tamarind & Mango MAHI
2. Head of Broccoli
3. 100g White Rice
4. Poached Smoked Haddock
5. 2 Medium Eggs
6. Half Cucumber
7. 150ml Sour Cream
8. Olive Oil
1. Poach the smoked haddock in just enough water and a medium oven temperature for about 15 minutes, or until a fork goes all the way through without resistance.
2. Mix with cooked broccoli (or cauliﬂower) and-over cooked white rice.
3. Beat 1 egg and add. Stir well. If the mixture feels dry, add another egg.
4. Pat the mixture into small ﬁsh cakes.
5. Drizzle olive oil in a frying pan and warm.
6. Add the ﬁsh cakes. Do not overﬁll the pan or you will make the oil too cool. We want these crispy!
7. While they sizzle, dice the cucumber small and mix with a pot of sour cream. Put this into a side dish. You can always prepare this advance and keep all day in the fridge. Similarly, you can get the ﬁsh cake mixture ready, cover and refridgerate until you want to eat.
8. Tamarind and Mango MAHI on the plate between ﬁsh cakes, gives a fruity dip to complement the smoky crispy ﬁsh.
9. Serve with a generous portion of the cooling cucumber side dish.
10.Enjoy. From MAHI with love!