miso-cooked vegetables. A good, fulfilling, and scrumptious plant-
• 1 medium yellow onion (coarsely chopped)
• 6 cups vegetable stock
• 2 Tbsp soy sauce
• 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped (5 cloves yield ~2 1/2 Tbsp or 18g)
• 1 3-inch piece ginger (peeled and diced)
• 15 g dehydrated shiitake mushrooms
• 1 Tbsp white or yellow miso paste (ensure vegan)
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 230 g ramen noodles (ensure gluten-free and vegan)
• Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
if altering batch size) of the vegetable broth to deglaze the bottom of
the pan. Use a whisk (or wooden spoon) to scrape up any bits that may
have stuck to the bottom to enhance the flavour of the broth.
and cover. Simmer on low for at least 1 hour, up to 2-3, stirring
sauce or sesame oil if desired. Add the miso paste at this time.
toppings (see notes for miso-glazed carrots, baby bok choy, and quick-
boil. Once boiling, add ramen noodles (depending on size of pan you
may need to do this in two batches // use fewer or more batches if
altering batch size) and cook according to package instructions – about
4-5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
and ginger for serving as well, if desired, though I discarded them).
green onion, or seared tofu. Serve with MAHI Peri Peri Garlic sauce for